Many of us have learned to associate sex with hurtful things. Reclaiming Sexuality means breaking those negative associations by giving yourself healthy, life-affirming messages. Sex is not about shame, abuse, or fear. This is what sex means: Love. Life. Pleasure. Connection. Passion. Healing. Set-exploration. Giving. And so much more. But especially love. Sex and love are a match made in heaven: they are meant to be experienced together. Let us wed sex and love, let us marry them in our thoughts and hearts, in how we portray sex in our conversations, and in the way we go about the sacred act of love-making. Let this association carry itself into the media, and inspire new advertising, better porn, and happier people. We can change our entire culture’s approach to sex. We inherited the current culture, but we can give our children something different. It begins within the associations of our hearts and minds. This would be a sex revolution.
Subscribe to Blog
- Is perfection spiritual? Or is it a materialistic distraction that keeps us forever unsatisfied with what is
- Many leave religion simply because they are women
- The notion of sin is psychologically naïve. Psychologists help people heal by showing them they are not sinful
- I love money. And I’m done feeling bad about it
- Religious fundamentalism operates by creating and sustaining a sense of unsafety. Anxiety drives religious devotion.
- Evangelical Christianity is a drug culture. The gospel drug of choice and religious addiction treatment
- God’s relationship to nature in the bible is domination. Nature worship will heal us from the idea of god, which is the worship of human ego seen as superior to nature.
- Fear of questioning encouraged by the bible as a cult tactic to keep people from leaving
- The Sex Revolution: Wedding Sex and Love
- Woo-woo is a derogatory slur that keeps atheists mired in religious dogmatism