Before I transitioned out of religion, I was a Pentecostal Christian minister preparing to become a missionary to India. I studied Bible at the Evangelical Christian Wheaton College and obtained my Master of Divinity from Princeton Seminary. Religion was my life’s passion, but I suffered greatly from anxiety, depression, and guilt about my sexuality. I began to realize that the Bible’s teachings were the cause of my psychological distress. After a slow, painful process of awakening and denial, I quit my ministry job, left religion, and moved to California to start my life over. I began to study religion from the perspective of trauma and started working with people healing from religious trauma by coaching and facilitating workshops. In my own healing journey, I awakened to an authentic and powerful experience of spirituality through meditation, plant medicine, and sacred sexuality. My dream is to help people heal from religion and dogmatic ideologies by experiencing spirituality. I have extensive knowledge with many forms of Christianity from personal experience and study, and I have walked many individuals through the process of healing. I am studying for my doctorate in clinical psychology at California Institute for Integral Studies. I offer private coaching, speak at events, and facilitate workshops. I love to write and speak about about exposing the trauma of religion and awakening spirituality.
Subscribe to Blog
- My Relational Meditation
- My Psychiatric Drug Addiction
- Worry is our heart’s way of getting our attention
- Is perfection spiritual? Or is it a materialistic distraction that keeps us forever unsatisfied with what is
- Many leave religion simply because they are women
- The notion of sin is psychologically naïve. Psychologists help people heal by showing them they are not sinful
- I love money. And I’m done feeling bad about it
- Religious fundamentalism operates by creating and sustaining a sense of unsafety. Anxiety drives religious devotion.
- Evangelical Christianity is a drug culture. The gospel drug of choice and religious addiction treatment
- God’s relationship to nature in the bible is domination. Nature worship will heal us from the idea of god, which is the worship of human ego seen as superior to nature.