It appears that a large number of my friends who graduated the Evangelical Christian Wheaton College with me have left either Christianity entirely, or at least Evangelicalism. It’s not surprising, since must of us no longer live in our isolated Christian bubbles once we leave our Christian homes and schools (perhaps not for ministers and missionaries), and most don’t speak publicly about it because of their friends and family. I wonder what percentage of graduates have left! Who else? I invite you to come out of the closet and share your testimony.
Subscribe to Blog
- Religion works like mental illness. It gets you by through dysfunction, and leaves you with painful psychological symptoms
- Christianity is Holy War. The Great Commission is Ideological Jihad. God’s Kingdom is a Regime of Violent Global Conquest. Liberal Christianities are Complicit.
- Finding Spirituality after Religion. The Spiritual Suppression and Imperialism of Christianity: Individually, Globally, and Historically.
- God is not loving. Love in God’s Kingdom is conditioned on obedience. Conditional love means I will accept you if you give me what I want
- Christianity is a trauma reaction. It re-enacts the trauma of suffering through punishments of wrath and sin. Compassionate awareness is the key to healing this traumatized way of approaching life
- The Protestant work ethic is the mental illness of our time. Willpower is a function of having access to yourself. Real hard work is not really hard.
- Crimes of Emotion: Emotional Repression and Toxicity in Christian Fundamentalism
- My Relational Meditation
- My Psychiatric Drug Addiction
- Worry is our heart’s way of getting our attention