This is what I want, this is why I write these posts: I want people to be free of fear, control, dis-empowerment, and abusive beliefs. I’m not looking to take out Christianity or religion. I want people to be able to leave their religions, deal with the trauma and start new secular or spiritual lives. I want healing from indoctrination. I want people to be free. I want people who are free to experience a new kind of powerful-beyond-imagination spirituality that religion makes it hard for you to access. What I want is healed, empowered, connected human beings. Some strong words in real talk (with respect) need to be made; these are intense even violent subjects, and that’s the reality we have to deal with. I won’t always get it right, my words won’t always be perfect and I may make mistakes. But I will work to see people journeying free.
Subscribe to Blog
- Religion works like mental illness. It gets you by through dysfunction, and leaves you with painful psychological symptoms
- Christianity is Holy War. The Great Commission is Ideological Jihad. God’s Kingdom is a Regime of Violent Global Conquest. Liberal Christianities are Complicit.
- Finding Spirituality after Religion. The Spiritual Suppression and Imperialism of Christianity: Individually, Globally, and Historically.
- God is not loving. Love in God’s Kingdom is conditioned on obedience. Conditional love means I will accept you if you give me what I want
- Christianity is a trauma reaction. It re-enacts the trauma of suffering through punishments of wrath and sin. Compassionate awareness is the key to healing this traumatized way of approaching life
- The Protestant work ethic is the mental illness of our time. Willpower is a function of having access to yourself. Real hard work is not really hard.
- Crimes of Emotion: Emotional Repression and Toxicity in Christian Fundamentalism
- My Relational Meditation
- My Psychiatric Drug Addiction
- Worry is our heart’s way of getting our attention