What I write about belief, I say out of love for Christians and people of all religions and beliefs. I want the highest good for all people at all times; that is my guiding life principle. It may feel, as you read these things, that there is something personal or vengeful. There isn’t. Many people in churches and who have left share these legitimate concerns and experiences-I know many people from my Evangelical College, my churches, and my Seminary. Often they are afraid to voice their trauma and doubt because they’re afraid it might impact family relations or cause people they love in Christianity to judge them. I relate to this concern, but it no longer stops me from voicing my beliefs and saying what needs to be said. If you’re a person of religious faith, it’s counterproductive not to take these things seriously. Or to expect people not to use strong language or never to be emotional or angry. Jesus, the prophets, and the founder of Protestantism (Luther) had many strong words that were often said with a level of indignation. Yet they needed to be said. Issues such as, abuse, original sin, sexual repression, hell… they are in and of themselves “angry doctrines” that don’t speak nicely to people. They require strong responses. That doesn’t mean these responses aren’t loving or aren’t necessary. These are serious matters, and it helps everyone to know about them and take them seriously; not dismiss them as speaking out of “wounding,” “sin,” “lashing out.” If you go that route, how can you listen and learn?
Subscribe to Blog
- India Missionary De-Conversion Trip: Exposing Missionary Abuse and Promoting Religious Healing
- Eat The Fruit of The Tree of Life: Solving the Ecospiritual Crisis of Climate Change and Existential Despair by Having Mystical Experiences
- Thou Shalt Not Judge: Religious Othering, The Politics of Division and Destruction of the Planet
- Psychological Splitting: The Spiritual Neurosis of Dualism, A Crisis of No Empathy
- Putting Out The Fires Of Hell
- Castration and Emasculation in the Bible: Sexual Violence as a Temptation Avoidance Strategy
- Am I Bypassing My Heart With Law of Attraction (Manifestation)?
- God is Not My Master: Biblical Religion Is Slavery
- God Has A Narcissistic Personality Disorder