Before I transitioned out of religion, I was a Pentecostal Christian minister preparing to become a missionary to India. I studied Bible at the Evangelical Christian Wheaton College and obtained my Master of Divinity from Princeton Seminary. Religion was my life’s passion, but I suffered greatly from anxiety, depression, and guilt about my sexuality. I began to realize that the Bible’s teachings were the cause of my psychological distress. After a slow, painful process of awakening and denial, I quit my ministry job, left religion, and moved to California to start my life over. I began to study religion from the perspective of trauma and started working with people healing from religious trauma by coaching and facilitating workshops. In my own healing journey, I awakened to an authentic and powerful experience of spirituality through meditation, plant medicine, and sacred sexuality. My dream is to help people heal from religion and dogmatic ideologies by experiencing spirituality. I have extensive knowledge with many forms of Christianity from personal experience and study, and I have walked many individuals through the process of healing. I am studying for my doctorate in clinical psychology at California Institute for Integral Studies. I offer private coaching, speak at events, and facilitate workshops. I love to write and speak about about exposing the trauma of religion and awakening spirituality.
Subscribe to Blog
- God Has A Narcissistic Personality Disorder
- Was the Bible Inspired by Dark Spiritual Forces? Why does God demand human sacrifice and spirit possession of his followers? Is God the Devil?
- Religion works like mental illness. It gets you by through dysfunction, and leaves you with painful psychological symptoms
- Christianity is Holy War. The Great Commission is Ideological Jihad. God’s Kingdom is a Regime of Violent Global Conquest. Liberal Christianities are Complicit.
- Finding Spirituality after Religion. The Spiritual Suppression and Imperialism of Christianity: Individually, Globally, and Historically.
- God is not loving. Love in God’s Kingdom is conditioned on obedience. Conditional love means I will accept you if you give me what I want
- Christianity is a trauma reaction. It re-enacts the trauma of suffering through punishments of wrath and sin. Compassionate awareness is the key to healing this traumatized way of approaching life
- The Protestant work ethic is the mental illness of our time. Willpower is a function of having access to yourself. Real hard work is not really hard.
- Crimes of Emotion: Emotional Repression and Toxicity in Christian Fundamentalism
- My Relational Meditation