Life Afer Dogma Coaching Program: Are you questioning your religion in isolation or suffering from spiritual abuse? Did you leave a religion years ago, but still suffer from religious fear, depression, PTSD, fear of hell, isolation from family, or issues with your sexuality? Do you have a hard time finding a new sense of purpose and long to have profound experiences of spirituality?
Have you already tried therapy but not connected with someone who really gets it? Many of my clients have spent years or decades trying to chip away at their religious indoctrination and trauma through books, podcasts, and even therapy with someone who isn’t trained in religious trauma. These are wonderful, but there’s nothing like individualized help dedicated to your needs from a specialist who knows what you’re going through.
There is hope. Instead of spending years spinning your wheels suffering needlessly, you can speed up this process and get your life back together. Healing is possible, and you can rediscover a beautiful and profound spirituality that works for you, whether that looks like spirituality without religion, humanism, or a healthier form of religion–without the baggage. My clients see major breakthroughs and even total remission from the fear of hell, community isolation, sexual issues, reclaiming their power, and more in just a few sessions, after carrying these for years. I am confident you can create the freedom you crave.
I am trained in various psychotherapeutic and trauma-informed modalities and I use a variety of techniques to help you heal your mind and body. These include psychodynamic, internal family systems (IFS), cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), transpersonal psychology, humanistic psychology, Jungian therapy, mindfulness, deconstruction of harmful doctrines and religious trauma theory, and visualizations to repattern traumatic memories. I will assess your unique case and tailor your treatment to your specific needs.
In this program, over the course of 3 months
- You will receive 10 55-minute sessions of personal coaching from me targeted to your specific life situations, history, and your own psychological and spiritual makeup.
- Information and teaching from my 15 years of experience studying and teaching spirituality and psychology tailored to your needs
- You will be empowered to find answers and power within yourself
- You will gain specific tools for your lifelong journey of healing, transformation, and self-actualization
The program is customized so we will cover the things on this list relevant to you and dive into any other relevant issues that come up that aren’t included.
- Religious fear, including judgment and doctrinally-based phobias and fear of death
- Religious anxiety, obsession, and depression
- Guilt, shame, low self-esteem and self-worth, feeling sinful, broken, and not good enough
- Trusting yourself, connecting with your body, intuition, intellect, emotions, and consciousness
- Connecting with your body, enjoying pleasure and the simple things of life
- Difficulties with sexuality, relationships, and indoctrination about gender
- Community isolation and relating to religious friends and family
- Grief work and moving on
- Relating to emotions
- Integration of religious past
- Personal power and responsibility
- Deconstructing past worldview and reconstructing a new framework for approaching life
- Intellectual challenges, developmental stunting, relating to the secular
- Identity healing
- Finding meaning and purpose
- Healing from spiritual abuse and disillusionment, explore and connect with spirituality in a healthy, authentic way that suits you
- And other issues of indoctrination that are holding you back, specific to your needs, religious past, and personal psychological makeup and history
“Before working with Andrew, I was struggling with ongoing worry about the future, eternity, and what my life without religion would look like. During the Life After Dogma Program, I was able to face my fears, understand the root of my trauma and ways of healing. After taking his program, I have been able to discover myself and determine the life I want to live. This has been one of the most spiritually exciting breakthroughs for me. Beforehand, I carried subtle but ongoing feelings of guilt and anxiety. Now I have the tools to cope with those fears and live each day with gratitude and excitement. If I could share one piece of advice for other people with similar experiences – it would be to embrace this journey and be excited for what you will learn about yourself. Growing and healing is something to be celebrated, not feared.” – Jamie
“When I began working with Andrew, I was devastated by a dream living situation and job opportunity that had fallen apart. Because this crisis happened simultaneously with a spiritual awakening, I was overwhelmed, confused, and in emotional turmoil. Part of me felt like I was going to be stuck with this forever. Andrew skillfully navigated me through difficult mental and emotional terrain with a calm and steady presence. With his help, I was able to see into fresh territory in this domain that had plagued me, including how my traumas, childhood history, and past religious background played into my present situation. After a few sessions of working with Andrew, I had experienced a big shift. I was able to transform my painful situation into a stepping stone for becoming a greater version of myself. I learned to ground and integrate my spiritual experiences. Now, my life is quite strikingly different. I developed my own Entrepreneurial brand based on extracting the gems from that challenging situation and I’m now making a living doing what I love.” – Daniel
“Before working with Andrew, I was curious about life without religion but I was afraid that getting help might result in losing my faith and going to hell. I was also devastated by a divorce that left me with no job and no money. I’m so glad I faced my fears and signed up, even though I couldn’t afford it. Andrew made me feel safe and helped me believe in myself and I found two jobs soon after we started working together. I discovered a spirituality that worked for ME and processed my grief. Today, my mind is open, I feel a freedom in my spirituality no longer afraid of God and hell, and I’m able to live for myself instead of trying to please other people. I think one key thing is to not let fear hinder you from getting the help you need. Working with my fears instead of letting them control me helped me grow so much to create the positive changes I needed. What also contributed to my success was meeting with Andrew every week and putting in the spiritual work during my free time. Andrew is a great coach because he is kind, and is a very good listener, and not pushy about things you need to do, but tells you to “get curious” instead, which I found extremely helpful.” – Erin
“I hired Andrew as my secular spirituality coach. Finally, I was talking to someone who is spiritually educated AND knows the kind of spiritual and religious abuse someone like me grew up with. I had previously struggled to find a meditation practice that worked for me with my ADHD and didn’t want to get caught up in dogma again. Andrew helped me work through my fears and problems with meditation and find an intuitive, pleasurable spiritual practice that works for my unique makeup. He’s a great coach. Highly recommend you check him out if you’re interested.” – Marie