Many of us have learned to associate sex with hurtful things. Reclaiming Sexuality means breaking those negative associations by giving yourself healthy, life-affirming messages. Sex is not about shame, abuse, or fear. This is what sex means: Love. Life. Pleasure. Connection. Passion. Healing. Set-exploration. Giving. And so much more. But especially love. Sex and love are a match made in heaven: they are meant to be experienced together. Let us wed sex and love, let us marry them in our thoughts and hearts, in how we portray sex in our conversations, and in the way we go about the sacred act of love-making. Let this association carry itself into the media, and inspire new advertising, better porn, and happier people. We can change our entire culture’s approach to sex. We inherited the current culture, but we can give our children something different. It begins within the associations of our hearts and minds. This would be a sex revolution.
Subscribe to Blog
- Christianity is Holy War. The Great Commission is Ideological Jihad. God’s Kingdom is a Regime of Violent Global Conquest. Liberal Christianities are Complicit.
- Finding Spirituality after Religion. The Spiritual Suppression and Imperialism of Christianity: Individually, Globally, and Historically.
- God is not loving. Love in God’s Kingdom is conditioned on obedience. Conditional love means I will accept you if you give me what I want
- Christianity is a trauma reaction. It re-enacts the trauma of suffering through punishments of wrath and sin. Compassionate awareness is the key to healing this traumatized way of approaching life
- The Protestant work ethic is the mental illness of our time. Willpower is a function of having access to yourself. Real hard work is not really hard.
- Crimes of Emotion: Emotional Repression and Toxicity in Christian Fundamentalism
- My Relational Meditation
- My Psychiatric Drug Addiction
- Worry is our heart’s way of getting our attention
- Is perfection spiritual? Or is it a materialistic distraction that keeps us forever unsatisfied with what is